Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Vanity stool

I found this base and just knew it could be a cute stool again.
As you can see, the veneer on it is peeling off.
I scraped off the peeling veneer, then set to work to strip the existing coat of paint.  There were 2 coats that came off easily with citristrip.
While that was being finished up, I set to work on the seat.
I had my husband cut out a circle for the seat, then cut 2 layers of foam to make the seat nice and cushy.
After sanding the base, I painted it.  I originally wanted to paint it cream, but I didn't have enough left.  I had a small amount of a greige as well.  You know what I did?  I mixed them together and this is the color I got.
This is the fabric I used.  I have been wanting to use it for a long time, but it was never the right size.  Finally!  I love it!
Here is the finished vanity bench.  Soft colors, yet striking.

Sharing with:

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love that fabric! Don't you love being able to repurpose stuff!! I would be thrilled to have you share this at my party!

    http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/04/homemade-by-you-48.html

    ReplyDelete