This headboard had seen better days. It had a few broken pieces and the paint job wasn't the best. Yet, despite all that, it had potential.
I started by cutting off to top portion of the headboard. It got a good cleaning as well.
I cut a piece of foam to size then laid out the curtain I used. Yes, you heard right, a curtain. Our Goodwill gets things Target cannot or did not sell and then sells them for cheap. I grabbed a pair up and this is the only one I have left.
I flipped it over and placed it where I wanted it.
I pulled it tight from all sides and tucked the ends under as I stapled it. Once I was finished stapling, I decorated the headboard some nail head trim tacks I had. They were waiting for a project just like this.