Friday, April 26, 2013

Spindle table numbers

As I said in my wedding signs post I have weddings on my mind.  My cousin is getting married this summer.  I knew I had a ton of spindles and after seeing (for the 3rd time) My Repurposed Life's spindle post, I had to make some of these.
I found the oval wooden plaques at a garage sale and got out some spindles.
I also found this square plaque in a free box.  I got a little ahead of myself and started ripping off the "Retirement" poem before snapping a photo.

After getting as much of the paper off as I could, I wet a rag and let it sit for a while.  Then rubbed off all the paper so it was clean.
I put the spindle and oval plaque together using wood glue and a screw from the bottom.  I added a little cute knob on the top and painted it all in white diy chalk paint.

I painted the square plaque with some chalkboard paint so the table numbers can be written on it...when the wedding is over, It can be used for little messages for the season or Bible verse of the week.
I also made this one for a photo to go on.  I am in search of the perfect clip.  If you are interested in seeing how I made the flower visit here.  I was fun to play around with these.  I will be on the lookout for more bases, although, squares from scrap wood would work fine too.

Sharing with:
One Artsy Mama
The Shabby Nest504 Main
Rooted In Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment