Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Longing for some sun!

Oh how I wish the sun would shine...and stay!  I am anxious to get outside and breathe some fresh air while playing with my kids.  Speaking of sun, I went to work on some pieces to put in a store near me.  The owner wanted some of my black and white pieces along with some yellow to bring in spring.

I made a simple "you are my sunshine" sign. I just dry brushed it yellow then painted on the phrase.

a yellow shutter with hooks and a mail pocket...
and another cute storage drawer.
On the drawer I used some of that Glacage to dress it up just as I did on my repurposed drawer post.  You can see there how I went about making this drawer since I followed the same steps.
I lined the inside of the drawer with some wall paper I had.  Yes there is a bump in the middle since this drawer had one of those wood supports there.
You can find some of my items at The Gift of Thrift if you are in town.
Come on sunshine!!!!

Sharing with:
Boogieboard Cottageget your craft on link party

No comments:

Post a Comment