Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How to make faux tin tiles

I have always loved tin tiles.  They are so interesting and add such beauty to a piece or a room.  I needed (actually wanted) to get some for a piece I am working on.  The problem  problems are finding the size I need, the amount I need and the price point.  That was a biggie, price.  Have you priced tin tiles lately?   Wow!
Anyways, I really wanted to have some and couldn't get some, so what's a girl to do?  DIY them of course!

I had some scrap 1/4 plywood.  I traced the shapes I needed onto the boards and cut them out.
Once they were cut, I traced the part that I wanted to be a faux tin tile.  (It is really hard to show this to you without giving away what I am working on)
I used some Glacage to pipe a design onto the boards within the rectangular frames that I traced.
I painted it in a soft cream diy chalk paint.
So, what do you think?  Does it look like a tin tile?

Sharing with:
Photobucket
Crafty Confessions

3 comments:

  1. wow, I think it looks great. I love the pattern you used. Is it your design or did you get it from somewhere?
    Whatever you are making is going to look awesome. Can't wait to see it when it is done.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! You are the only one I've seen using this stuff.

    ReplyDelete