Monday, April 15, 2013

French script bench

I hope everyone is doing well today!  I am certainly hoping the sun will shine.  We have had nothing but rain and grey skies here in Michigan for over a week!

Today I am going to share with you this french script bench that I converted from a coffee table.
Here is the top of the coffee table...dirty, grimy and split into 4 different pieces.  The 4th piece is not pictured.
Besides being a little dirty, the base is in solid condition.  I removed the top  and cleaned it up.  I looked around for some wood to replace the top and ran across a 3/4" plywood piece that would fit the top exactly.  That got me thinking this would make one cute bench.
Off to my fabric stash I went and found an awesome piece of french script fabric.  This gave me the color I wanted to paint the base.  I mixed up some diy chalk paint in a cream color.
I covered the board in foam and fabric and put the two together.
So much better!  Isn't that fabric so cute?
I like the crisp clean paint on this piece.  I protected that paint with Vermont Natural Coatings wipe on polywhey.

Sumo's Sweet Stuff
DIY Show OffKeeping It SimpleMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #70
”Monday
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Such a great transformation - now it has a new life! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vision and that fabric is to die for! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great transformation! Thanks for sharing it at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out great. I love French script. Looks so much cleaner now. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete