Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Flower stained table

Yesterday was such a nice day!  Maybe all of my wishing came true, but I am so thankful for the break in weather.  Today I am sharing with you a kitchen table makeover.

I have been waiting all winter to finally get this done.  One thing I won't do in my basement is stain...too stinky, not enough fresh air.  You can find the best tutorial on this staining technique at Sawdust and Embryos.
I received this table from the free section on craigslist.  It had some scratches, but still in solid shape.

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it as soon as I saw it!
The base was painted with white diy chalk paint.
The top was stained into a flower design using the technique at Sawdust and Embryos.
If you take a look at her site, she explains it in such detail it makes it look so easy.  I think mine turned out ok.  Next time I would like to try a larger flower (make the petals bigger) and use a darker stain for more contrast.
This table is protected with 6 coats of Vermont Natural Coatings wipe on polywhey.  Though that sounds like a lot of coats, this product goes on very quick and easy.  The hard part is waiting the 2 hours between coats.

Sharing with:

Made to be a Momma_
Creations by Kara

2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting technique, and what a great job you did with this "throw-away" table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful, Sara. I'll have to learn this technique. I already have tables similar to these.

    ReplyDelete