Monday, April 22, 2013

Sass up your flip flops

Whenever I say or think of the word flip flop I remember a friend I grew up with.  She insisted on calling them thongs and I insisted on calling them flip flops.  Now that I am a little older, I still insist on calling them flip flops!!!

My son outgrew a pair of flip flops that are still in excellent condition.  My daughter can wear them now, but they were blue.  What 4 year old girl wants to wear blue?  Not many.  I told her we will decorate them and make them special.
I also thought I would make a new life for my worn out flip flops so they could last 1 more season.

She picked out some ribbon from what we had, and what does she pick?  Pink, of course!

I hot glued the end of the ribbon on and wrapped it around.
I secured the end with glue when I had completed wrapping the ribbon.
I made a small fabric flower to hot glue to the middle.

So cute!

I started with the same concept on my flip flops but also added a weave of ribbon just at the front.
I sewed on some beads to add some sparkle.  Not my idea, I saw this on Pinterest.  I like how they turned out.  Now to get a pedicure!


I was featured:


Sharing with:
”DIY

Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple Monday Funday
”Monday

2 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! I love, love, love flip flops and love how you transformed them! So clever. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cute toeprints, love woman flipflops

    ReplyDelete