Hmmm, I could cover it with twine and some fabric flowers, but if I wanted to use it outside, it wouldn't last long.
I decided to do a mosaic...something I have never done before. The Weldbond in the photo is what I started to work with. Luckily, I tested a small area first and let it dry 24 hours. It didn't work. Maybe it had to do with it being metal. I did some research and read that Liquid Nails makes a weather resistant adhesive, so I went with that.
It did half of the can, let that dry and then did the other half. The liquid nails has to set a while. You have to have patience...that's so hard!
I had some of the non-sanded grout from making chalk board paint.
I mixed the grout with water until it had a nice thick consistency.
Smear it on and work it into the cracks. After it is all covered, wipe off the excess with a damp sponge until all the tiles are cleaned. If you are going to do this and use it as a planter you need to punch holes in the bottom for drainage.
After doing this project, I realize mosaic is not my thing. I like the color combination, but this is the last one I will do. Can't wait til it warms up so I can plant something in it!
Raising Dick and Jane