Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shutter shelf- another shutter makeover

I am trying to finish off the few shutters I have waiting for a makeover.  I decided on something a little different than I have done before.  See my corner shelf here and my shabby shutter here
I started with a shutter a small scrap piece of wood fit to the width of the shutter and 2 skinny scraps for the arms.
I filled in the holes that were left from the hinges I took off using wood filler.
Using wood glue and nails I attached the shelf and the arms for extra support.
I also used wood glue to add a wooden shell to the shutter for some extra detail.
The shelf got 2 coats of diy chalk paint and distressed in some areas.  I just noticed that pink in the shutter, it must be from the red shirt I have on.  The shutter is just white.

That lady is something my great grandmother made years ago. 

Sharing with:
_
Creations by Kara

http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/
Three Mango Seeds

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, I'm popping in from Ginger Snap Crafts link party - I love your shelf! I have an obsession with old salvage and have a few of them laying around waiting for an idea to use them for. This is a great one!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kim @ Two Ten Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I'm pinning this and it's going on my project list :)
    I'm visiting you today at Southern Lovely's Linky. I hope you can visit my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete