Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Message center from cabinet door

I was gifted this cabinet door, actually 2 of them.  Solid wood and a perfect candidate for a message center.
I started with some diy chalk paint.  The same color I used on the radio cabinet.
This is after the first coat- still wet. Once the second coat was dry, I painted the top portion with chalkboard paint.
I wanted to add some useful cubbies and hooks to this chalkboard as it had plenty of room. I had this basket from something I took apart.  It is the perfect size for mail.  I attached it by using a wing nut upside down.  This clamped the basket in place.
I also used a vintage drawer pull upside down and a double hook to hang keys.

http://threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. How adorable, love how you used the curved top panel. I'm not sure I've ever seen a door with two panels different like that.

    ReplyDelete