Thursday, March 21, 2013

Drawers turned doll beds and storage

Like most girls my daughter loves to play with her dolls.  Where do you put all this stuff?  I used 2 drawers to make some beds and a doll closet.

The bunk beds were created by adding a shelf in the middle and decoupaging some scrapbook paper to the back. You can fancy it up by adding cute knobs on the bottom for furniture feet.  I made this a while back, but just added the closet portion.
The closet was made by adding some picture frame wire to hold the hangers.  It is what I had on hand, so I went with it. You could make it with a dowel as well.  I put 1 screw in each side and wrapped the wire around the screw.  Tighten it around the wire and there you have a hanging solution.
So many things you can do with old drawers.  For more ideas you can visit my other posts on reusing drawers.
Drawer to shelf
Drawer to jewelry storage

HookingupwithHoH

7 comments:

  1. Adorable!! And you see so many of those dressers missing a drawer, etc. just sitting by people's trash piles. Now you can upcycle them!!! Pinned & tweeted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, they are not hard to come by. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love re-purposing projects! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post, I like it
    Wide variety of furniture is also available

    ReplyDelete