Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bar stool to trellis

I have spring on my mind as I am sure so many of you do.  I am very excited this year, more than others.  This is due to the fact that I have lots of plans for my garden this year.  I am trying winter sowing for the first time and am excited to see the results.  As I am thinking about everything I have started to sow and how to lay out my garden, I am finding out that I need more trellis'.  What can I make?  (without spending $ on it)

Here is my solution.  I like the wrought iron trellis' I have seen, so I am attempting to make one out of a bar stool I picked up.

Do you see the upside down U and the 2 straighter pieces outside of that?  I used those.
I took the top off and reworked the parts , I had to stretch the U out a little bit to fit into the base holes, to make a tapered top.  Using gorilla glue and clamps, I set them in place.


Once garage sale season starts I will be keeping my eyes open for a cute finial to top it off.

Sharing with:
Crafty Confessions
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I wish I had an eye that sees things in another form. Thank goodness I have the web for inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete