Friday, February 1, 2013

Small crib bench

I have a very small front porch. It is bare and boring as I have never had anything to put on it.  I ran across this crib someone was getting rid of so I decided to make a small bench.

I have a few different ones as you can see int the background.  In this project I just used one.
I started by building a box for the support of the seat.  I used wood glue and screws to hold the joints together.  No kreg jig here or it would make it prettier...ahh, someday.
Screws go in a bit easier if you rub them in soap first.
Next step was attaching the box to the crib frame.
I made my legs from cutting this almost in half.
After adding some glue to the post, I added screws to attach them.
Here is what it looks like so far.  Now for a seat...
We cut (by we I mean my hubby helped me this time) some various sized boards and nailed them in place. I then filled in all the holes on the crib with wood filler.  I decided to add some decorative trim I had lying around to the front of it.
Every time I build something like this, I learn a little more.  It is fun to see what you can come up with. 

I was featured:
Photobucket
Sharing with:

Photobucket
”Designed”Designed

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this turned out awesome! I love it. Found you at the Social Hop. :) Your newest follower.

    Kathy @ www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! I will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. That bench is adorable!! New follower from the blog hop. :)

    http://www.nadanadalimonada.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog name! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Great repurpose! Thanks for linking up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute...I have a baby bed I am wanting to do but have not gotten into it yet....great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It is not as hard as you think.

      Delete
  5. sweet bench! You did a great job without a kreg jig...but just so you know, you can get the jr for about $40....best $40 I ever spent. :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this idea! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. I have visited from My Repurposed Life

    ReplyDelete