Friday, February 8, 2013

Refashioning a Tazo canister

My mom drinks a lot of tea, so naturally she gives me all her Tazo canisters.  I have a collection and have been waiting once again for inspiration.
As I was browsing the aisles at Michaels the other day I ran across these cute canisters.
Notice the price?  They aren't that expensive, but why pay for something when you can make it, right?
Out comes the mod podge and away we go.
I found images at The Graphics Fairy and some neat fill in your own images at this site here
The mod podge goes over the image after you press it onto the already decoupage covered canister.  Once it was dry, I painted it with chalk paint. I also added a drawer pull I had on hand just by hammering a hole with a nail through the top then putting the screw in the pull.

I will wait til spring/summer to finish the rest.  I think I would like to spray paint the canisters first then add the images after.

Sharing with:
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #61

1 comment:

  1. this is super cute! I actually prefer yours to the one at the store!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete