Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Make shutters into a corner shelf

I love the many things you can do with shutters.  I found this pair and knew just what to do with them.
As usual, I got right to work without taking a photo, so this is the best before you are going to get.  I put the ends together to make a 90 degree angle and drilled holes for my screws to go in.
Doing it this way makes one side of the shelf shorter than the other, but you can't really tell.
I dry brushed the shutter with some diy chalk paint.  From there I added some wood to make brackets for the shelves.
I had my hubby cut some plywood we had lying around and we nailed them into the brackets.  I painted the shelves white (after priming as I did not want the knots to show through)
Fairly simple project.  It is a little shabby chic accessory to add to my kitchen.
Sharing with:
Home Stories A2Z
DIY Show Off

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love it! Found you via Kammy's Korner :)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete