Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flower chair- a makeover with contact paper

I was inspired by the chair remake at Kammy's Korner (see hers here) so I decided after I came along this chair to give it a try.  It is amazing what a little paint and creativity can do to an ordinary piece of furniture.

You can see in the background that I have a matching chair.  Still thinking about that one.

I decided instead of using a stencil, I would lay my pattern out in contact paper. I cut out the shapes I wanted.
I stuck them on the chair, letting some of the pieces fall over the side and wrap around the chair.
Here it is all painted in white chalk paint- diy of course.
I peeled off the contact paper to reveal my flower.
I am very happy with the way it turned out.  You get to enjoy the natural wood through the flower.
Sharing with
DIY Show Off
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Well that sure put a smile on my face this morning!!! Looks GREAT - LOVE the natural wood showing through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad! Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete