Monday, February 25, 2013

Cabinet doors make cute chalk boards and trays

I can't pass up cabinet doors.  There are so many cute things to do with them.
I have a pair of these so I thought I would show you one of each.  A chalk board and a tray.
For the chalk board I simply painted chalk board paint in the inside and added 2 small knobs I painted black.  They will be useful for hanging keys.  It was nice that these were already painted so all I had to do was "accessorize" them.
For the tray,  I added a stencil and some accent trim in the same color.
I like to protect the tray with a coat or 2 of a clear cover.  This will be sure it doesn't get ruined should anything spill on it.
Add some handles and there you have it!  2 cute things to do with old cabinet doors.  Don't pass them up!

Sharing with:
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #63
Keeping It Simple

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, there are so many possibilities.

      Delete
  2. Love the colors you used!

    I just came across your blog and thought it was creative and adorable. I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog. If you would like to check it out and participate, its http://creatingspacefor5.blogspot.com. Its a great way to get some more traffic to your blog, and I hope you'll participate!
    Brittany @ Creating Space for Five

    ReplyDelete