Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Aqua and grey chair

Anyone notice that I have a thing for chairs?  Especially lately.  Besides the fact that I love chairs, I keep coming across them.  They are screaming for a makeover!
I started painting this one before I realized I had no before picture, so you get a during picture.
Pretty simple chair. I went with some aqua paint I have leftover from painting my room.  Once again, diy chalk paint.
After I finished with 2 coats of aqua, I decided to go with some grey stripes.  To paint these I used some grey diy chalk paint and a simple foam brush.  A foam brush helps to make smooth edges, with them you don't get a stray bristle that will mess up the lines edge.  I free handed it, and they came out pretty good.
After the stripes, I did some distressing then added some clear wax.
I am looking for an opinion on the distressing.  Too much?  Not enough?  Wrong places.  What do you think?  Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Sharing with:

3 comments:

  1. I could be wrong but I'm thinking not enough distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your input. I sometimes want to distress a lot and make it really shabby, but get timid it might be too much. Next time I am going all the way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete