Wednesday, January 23, 2013

White Shabby Chic Dresser

I just love Craigslist sometimes!  I wish I was in an area where awesome furniture like this one popped up on a daily basis.  It is rare where I live so when this dresser was offered I just had to run out and get it.
It is a solidly constructed dresser with dove tail drawers and it is solid wood.  The only problem is the drawer in the top of the picture had the lock and key busted out of it. Other than that just the usual scratches and worn out top.

At first I wanted to do a nice dark red, a color I haven't done yet.  I searched all the stores near me for some oops paint and there was none to be found.  So I thought maybe I would do a layered distressed look.  I chickened out.  I will get the guts to do that soon, but today we are going with an elegant shabby chic look- white.
I am comfortable with white.  I like it... a lot.  Out came the diy chalk paint and I went to work.




I did some distressing and painted the handles as well.  The center drawer did not have a handle, just a broken key hole so I found some hardware in my collection and painted that too.  It adds a bit of character, don't you think?

Sharing with:
_
DIY Show Off
_
Creations by Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment