Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Painting accessories- a trial

I have had this jar for years.  I don't particularly like the colors or finish, but I like the idea of it.  It says "Blessings" it is a place to keep spare change.

I wanted to try to paint it so I set about mixing chalk paint in a faint yellow- to match my kitchen.  I wasn't sure how the chalk paint would do with this glaze finish on the pottery.  Just to be sure I tried to do a sanding before I painted.

Here it is after the initial yellow painting. Then I traced the word "Blessings" in white.
I like the color, but am still contemplating if it needs to be distressed or not.  As for the chalk paint holding up on this pottery piece- it is doing great! 

I had some extra paint and looked around to find what else I could paint this color and found this. 

Do you remember this from my door stop post?  I thought I took a before picture of it cut off but I guess not.
I had 2 of them but different sizes as I cut them off at different points.  I thought they would make a nice touch of some more yellow in my kitchen.  I painted them both in the same yellow chalk paint.  I did not fill in the gaping hole but just painted it.  The hole will not be seen since they are just a decoration.


Here they are after.  I found a perfect spot for them on my secretary shelf next to my table.  Very easy transformation.  Give it a try!

Sharing with:
Photobucket
Crafty Confessions

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the bedpost finnials! They look awesome painted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I really like them, too.

      Delete