Friday, January 25, 2013

Make an alphabet plaque

I have been thinking of a way to use up some rub on stickers I have.  I came up with the idea to rub the alphabet on a painted board.  Great idea for a baby's room and easy to do.

As usual, I go to my stash of wood to see what I have.  I hung on to this thick piece of wood that used to be a base for a sculpture that got broken :(
But hey, it is getting some good use now...
I filled in the holes using wood filler, then sanded it down nice and smooth.
Sometimes I get way ahead of myself...No photo of the painted wood (diy chalk paint again), sorry.  I had already started to rub the letter A onto the board when I remembered to take a photo.  These transfer really easy, just use the popsicle stick that comes with the package and pull back slowly when you are ready.
All finished with the rub on transfers, now it is time to cover it with decoupage.  This will help protect the letters and leave a nice glossy finish.
Once again I use the eye screw to hang this sign.  Easy enough, just drill a hole and screw it in tight.

I tied on some coordinating ribbon then added some bows to accessorize.  Voila!  All set.
Sharing with:
five days five ways | feature friday free for all
French Country Cottage
Social Hop Like Crazy

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on
    the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while
    people think about worries that they just do not
    know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well
    as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects ,
    people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get
    more. Thanks

    Feel free to visit my web blog; Gafas Oakley

    ReplyDelete