Monday, January 21, 2013

Fixing up a broken chair

I acquired this chair when my hubby did a craigslist pick up for me.  He was getting free cabinets.  To my surprise, he also brought me this broken chair.  I was more excited about the chair than I was the cabinets for sure!
Look closely and you will see the chair is missing 2 of the corner pieces.  What this photo doesn't show is that almost all of the joints had come loose.  I went to work pulling it apart and scraping and sanding off old glue.  From there it went back together with more glue and some new corner pieces.

Here she is all painted, distressed, and recovered.  I am using it at my sewing table for now.

Sharing with:
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #58 

The Girl Creative
Social Hop Like Crazy

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the chair. I love thrifty make-overs.

    I'm having a STRUT YOUR STUFF Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and come show off your best projects. Or, just come link up your blog!!

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/strut-your-stuff-social-hop.html

    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for the invitation. I linked up!

      Delete
  2. What a big differnece! Very pretty! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete