Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dresser hutch made into a shelf

I came across this dresser hutch on freecycle and knew right away that I wanted it for some extra storage in my craft area.  You don't pass up free right?

I had seen this done, but cannot find it again.  If anyone knows of a website this is on, please let me know!

Anyway, I had to do some demo before the painting could begin.  The mirror had to go and so did the oval carving in the top. It was a wheat emblem or something similar.

I painted it in white and cut some wood for shelves.  I decided to add the shelves on top of the shelves that were already there. that way I didn't have to find brackets.

This is it finished and on top of my sewing table.  Now, I can organize my piles (and piles) of supplies.  It will be so much easier to find what I need!


Sharing with:
 Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hello! Your shelf turned out so nice - and free is the best! Thank you for your kind words. They put a smile on my face :) That is a really cute shop isn't it. This is actually my last month there - then I'm going to start online, and see from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done...found you over at Gail's MRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice Sara! I love marrying pieces together. Great storage for sure!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gail! You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete