Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Drawer repurposed

I ran across a bunch of free drawers from a garage sale this past fall so I snatched them up.  They were from an old dresser- dove tail drawers and solid wood.

One of them was thin so I went to work turning it into a jewelry case.

I started lining the drawer with some black velvet fabric from an outdated dress.  I also made the ring holder with some of the velvet and cardboard and polyfill.

Hot glue is my friend.  I use it all the time.  It was used to secure the velvet into the drawer and to create the ring holder.  The hooks were left over from another project.  I had the lace on hand which is perfect for holding earrings whether they are studs or not.
My original thought was to make this for my mom, however, the place where she wants a jewelry case is too small for this.  I think once I can find a mirror to make a cover for this, it is going to find its home in my walk in closet.

So far this project has cost me nothing except the materials I already had on hand.  What can you make from free things?

I will be sure to follow up with photos as soon as I can find something that would work to finish this project.

Thanks for checking in!
I was featured:
Photobucket

Linked to:
http://abowlfulloflemons.net
http://ladybug-blessings.com
Creations by Kara

4 comments:

  1. I'm featuring this creative idea over at Trash 2 Treasure tonight on the Korner. :) Feel free to grab a featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just turned out great! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out! I love to get feedback :)

      Delete