Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY family sign

I am not a fan of clutter.  I don't like to move things more than twice...this can be a problem with this hobby.  Sometimes when you collect things you get piles of things waiting for inspiration, time or the right tools so you can finish them.   I like to get things done. With that said, here is a post making something to help me rid of my clutter.  You may remember my hutch to shelf post....
You see that oval plaque in the center of the hutch?  I will now show you what I did with it.


I started to fill in the design with some good ol' spackle.
I then painted around it in a cream chalk paint.
I picked out some scrapbook paper that would look nice with the cream paint.
In order to get the shape cut out, I first set the paper over the oval then traced around the center oval with my finger.  If you look close at the paper, you will see a dent.  That is where I cut.
Next comes the fun part, smear mod podge all over the plaque, set the paper down then smear some more on the top of the paper.  I didn't take good pictures of the next step.  First I let it dry.
Then I printed out the word Family from my printer in a font I liked and cut it out on some black card stock.  It received one final layer of decoupage to finish it off.  I think this will look nice surrounded by some family photos.

Sharing with:

2 comments:

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites
    really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Many thanks

    Also visit my page; meo cccam server

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this article is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, thus I am going to let know her.


    My web site; free Cccam

    ReplyDelete