Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Decorative welcome post

I have seen a few of these posts on pinterest. (You can see one of the versions here) I asked for a 4x4 on freecycle, but no luck. :( I looked around at what I had that I could use instead and noticed that I have several of these posts:
I like that it has some detail on it and the fact that it was a good height for this project made it perfect.

I cut boards and trim to make a base. These were glued and screwed in place.


I added these pieces that I believe were base legs to a mirror. The 3rd leg was broke.

After adding some detail on top with a small square of wood and a finial, I painted it in home made chalk paint and attached a sign.  I made the sign the same way I made my other welcome sign you can see here. I am going to work on more signs for each season and holiday and maybe do some little ones to hang on the ends.

My porch is very bare and it needed something.  I don't have a large porch to fit a chair or bench so this will help decorate it and make it more welcoming.
Featured at:
Photobucket

Sharing with:
PhotobucketA Diamond in the Stuff

2 comments:

  1. Love your "Welcome" sign and pedestal. Helps with really good curb appeal. Mary

    ReplyDelete

  2. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    custom mirror framing

    ReplyDelete