Monday, January 7, 2013

Crib to chalk board

This crib is the perfect candidate for a chalk board easel.  It has a nice large area for the chalk board.



After the hardware was removed, I chalkboard painted the large area on both of these crib ends.  I wasn't sure what color to paint the frame, until it was finished, then I knew.

I would leave it wood.  It is very rare I do this.  I just love painted things, but in this case the wood looks great and I can picture it sitting out front of an antique store or the like. It has a vintage feel to it.

I added hinges on each end, this was the tricky part.  I put 2 hinges on both ends of one board and when I went to attach the other on, I realized I couldn't.  The knobs on top of each board hit and wouldn't allow for the easel to be an easel. GRRRR. I walked away for a few minutes to let my head clear.

When I came back to the project, I thought maybe they can detach. Sure enough, they screwed on!  Perfect.

I unscrewed the knobs and then attached the boards.  I added a chain to the lower part of the easel which I got from this vintage light.  There were already holes on the lower inside area so I used those.


When it was set up  I added one set of knobs back to the top.  I cannot leave them all on as they hit and won't allow the easel to spread out.  You learn as you go right?  I like how it turned out.  It was a fairly easy project, minus the frustration of my vision coming to a halt.  That ever happen to you?

Sharing with:

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
    good. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if
    you are not already ;) Cheers!

    my homepage - creating a website

    ReplyDelete
  2. file contents box: After you have chosen your torrent file
    and the. The latter of the two is very important, since there have been many cases of huge
    companies suing people who are thought to have downloaded illegal
    files, based solely on their own IP address.

    All you must do to start playing a youtube video or
    audio file is always to open the downloaded torrent (the torrents themselves are typically only some kilobytes in size, so they really download instantly.


    my homepage :: Bay Pirate

    ReplyDelete
  3. prada cosmetic bag
    I every time spent my half an hour to read this website's articles or reviews all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there friends, how is the whole thing, and what you
    wish for to say about this article, in my view its truly amazing designed
    for me.

    My blog: centre chiropratique sherbrooke

    ReplyDelete