Friday, January 4, 2013

Coral Glam

Some people like bright colors, and some people like soft colors.  I love the softer pallet.  The aqua, white, light yellow, etc.  A friend of mine likes bright colors.  It is very rare that I do things in a bright color, but I was inspired by my friend to try something bold.  This vintage piece was just the right fit.

It started off plain and someone was throwing it away, so I snatched it up.
As you can see it came with this board which looks like it came from a piano...not sure.  That will wait until inspiration hits.

I had gotten this free sample of paint from Ace this past summer during a promo for their new paint line.  I chose a bright coral.  I am thinking of using it on a large piece for my someday basement.  There is not a better way to find out if I like the color, than to try it out on a smaller piece, right?
I mixed my own chalk paint and got right to work.
As you can see the gold shows up nicely against the coral, so I decided to go with it.  I added a bit of gold near the bottom of the legs.

And went ahead and added some gold stenciling to the top.

I used a nice fine brush to carefully trace the pattern.  It is turning out nicely, don't you think?

Here it is all finished.

Just add a coat of wax and we're good to go.

Do you love bright colors or soft colors?

Linked to:



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love the gold accents, what a great idea. You made tracing your pattern look so easy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly! I think the brush you choose makes all the difference. I used an artist shading brush.

      Delete