I have a large container of the plaster of paris still so diy chalk paint it is!
A few things I have found about chalk paint.
- It is very important to make sure the plaster and water are mixed well. This will avoid clumps and grit.
- The recipe of 1Tbsp of plaster to 3Tbsp of paint works, you need to add the plaster and water first and mix well as I already mentioned.
- Let each coat of paint dry thoroughly before painting on another coat.
- The longer you wait after the painting is done, the better the adhesion...anyone else notice this? Maybe I was too eager to see if it worked the first time.
- 3 coats works best for me. The first item I tried it on, I did just one coat then tested its scratch resistance.