Friday, December 21, 2012

Treadmill phone case

My husband has been working hard staying consistent with his workouts.  The treadmill is in the basement and there is nothing to entertain him.  He likes to listen to music while he does things, so I decided to make him a case to hold his phone.
I didn't use a pattern for this, I just eyeballed it.  (Like I do most of my sewing projects, LOL)
First I went through my scraps since this wouldn't take much fabric and came across a piece of drop cloth that would be perfect.
 So I folded it in half and sewed it down both sides.
Then I turned it right side out (if there is a right side with a drop cloth).

 I tucked the end in a little to stitch together the end.

From there I folded up one end enough to make a pocket for the phone to sit in. And sewed it up both sides.

I used some other scrap fabric to make straps.  I folded the straps long ways right sides together and sewed it up the side.

Then used a stick to turn them right side out.

Just like I did with the drop cloth case, I tucked a little of the ends in and sewed them up.

I attached the straps to the top and bottom back of the case.  Next I checked to be sure the straps were the right length before I sewed on the velcro.
And here is the finished product.  I couldn't take a photo with his phone since this will be in his stocking on Christmas day, and I used my phone to take the picture.  I hope you get the idea.

This should help make his workouts go by a little faster, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment