Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tray table

This vintage chair was found roadside so I picked it up and brought it home.

 I got right to work on it as I had a few ideas what I could do with it.  It could be fixed and kept as a chair,  turned into a small stool, or a table.

I took the back of the chair off and repaired that side, as the brackets weren't in place anymore.  The holes needed to be filled with wood filler, then I got to painting with some DIY chalk paint. 
The good old mix with 3 parts paint, 1 part plaster, and some water.
The jury is still out on this one. I have mixed results.  If you have any pointers I would gladly welcome them!

I wasn't quite happy with the way the inside looked so I decided to add some interest.

Some black around the trimmed edge and on the inside made a big difference.
 I had this tray that I made out of a cupboard door a while back that I thought would be a great topper.


What a great little serving table!  It could be used in place of a coffee table in a small room.  The tray is easily removable to store your remotes or other items inside. 

What do you think?  Good idea or should I turn it into a bench?

Linked to:

1 comment: