Friday, December 7, 2012

The perfect dresser for a star wars room

My son has a star wars room that he has wanted for a long time.  I was trying to figure out what to do with his dresser when I came across this one at a garage  sale for just $3!
It was solid wood with dove tail drawers and in great working condition.  The problem with it was the veneer was peeling off the top of the dresser.  No problem, I can deal with that!
So I scraped it all off and sanded really well.  Next I primed the whole dresser with kilz.  I wasn't sure whether to do black or grey or what for this star wars room.
I settled on a little bit of both.
The drawer pulls had to be switched as some of the original pulls were missing.  I painted them black.
He loves his dresser, and I like it too.  It is one that will be great for his room for a long time...star wars or not.
My Repurposed Life

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun and my son loves it!

      Delete
  2. Hi, would you be willing to share the exact colors you painted the dresser, please?

    ReplyDelete