Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saving an antique dresser

Poor thing was found on the side of the road with a sad black spray paint job.  I couldn't pass it up with those pretty legs!

 It was peeling and warped on the top so that had to be fixed. 

I took advice I read on For the love of wood - she says when you get a top that is peeling, simply take it off and turn it over and that is exactly what I did.  You have to patch the holes but that is easier than scraping or gluing!

It took A LOT of sanding and scraping to get all the paint off and to get the top nice enough to finish.  Since I was painting this piece and not staining it, it didn't have to be exactly perfect.  After priming and painting this is what she looks like.  I found the cute star knobs at a garage sale.


I hope you enjoyed this dresser makeover.  Please feel free to leave a comment, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment