Friday, December 7, 2012

Salvaged drum table

I found this drum table curbside.  It is a sad day when I find an antique like this that no one took care of.  It was in such sad shape I wasn't sure what I could do with it, but I thought it had to have something salvageable.
The top was so warped, broke and peeling that it had to be tossed.  I took it off and had my husband cut a square top for it.  After cleaning and sanding I noticed the base was in pretty good shape.  Nothing some primer and paint can't fix!
Here is her final photo.  I seemed to have deleted the before picture :( But at least you can see what she looks like now.
I am a little embarrassed by my pictures.  I am going to have to get better at that.  I am the get it done now sort of person.  I need lessons in staging.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment