Monday, December 3, 2012

Frugal cleaning

I wanted to share some of the Green and cheap ways I clean my house.  It saves money and it is better for our health and the environment!  Double bonus!

You will need spray bottles, a permanent marker, and vinegar.
I put the recipe for all my cleaning supplies right on the bottle so I don't have to search for them. 


I clean mirrors, windows and glass with 1/4 Cup vinegar : 4 Cups of water

My counters and sinks are cleaned with a solution of 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of dish soap

My bathtubs I used baking soda sprinkled on the tub then our vinegar and scrub with a brush.  It bubbles but cleans off the soap scum nicely. I do this to my sinks when they need to be scrubbed too.

Marks on your walls?  pour a small amount of baking soda on a damp rag and gently wipe until the mark is gone.  Follow up with a clean damp rag to wipe off the residue.

You can get rid of the crusty build up around your sink by soaking a rag or paper towel in vinegar and placing it over the build up.  Let it sit there for an hour or so.  Test a little area, if it wipes away after soaking, then you are ready to be done.  If it doesn't wipe away yet, let it soak a little longer.

I just recently started to wipe down the faucets in my house with wax paper.  It prevents all the water marks from splashes from showing on  the metal surface which means less cleaing, yeah!

I hope you find some of these tips useful and save some cash cleaning frugally.

1 comment:

  1. Some good tips here,thank you!

    Judi (In the UK)

    ReplyDelete