You can find Gails detailed tutorial here
So, as I said I had a pair of doors I took off a china cabinet to make it into an open book case. From there I built a box and attached the doors and some feet. And here are my finished cabinets.
The crown molding came from a huge frame that I cut down and trimmed my bathroom mirror in.
The legs on this one came from another foot board.
This was a fun project to do. I had never really built something like this before. I was excited to see that I could do it, with the help of my hubby, of course. It was nice to get rid of some of the scraps in my garage! I will definitely look at things differently when I run across them from now on.