Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2 cabinets out of scraps

Gail over at My Repurposed Life does some amazing things with her talent of "repurposing".  I saw a cabinet similar to the ones I am going to show you.  She put the thought in my head when I had 2 doors lying around and wanted to use them for something.
You can find Gails detailed tutorial here

So, as I said I had a pair of doors I took off a china cabinet to make it into an open book case.  From there I built a box and attached the doors and some feet.  And here are my finished cabinets.

 The legs on this one came from a bed that I used for making a few signs and racks.
The crown molding came from a huge frame that I cut down and trimmed my bathroom mirror in.
The legs on this one came from another foot board.

This was a fun project to do.  I had never really built something like this before. I was excited to see that I could do it, with the help of my hubby, of course.  It was nice to get rid of some of the scraps in my garage!  I will definitely look at things differently when  I run across them from now on.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you were able to make these out of bits and pieces! They look great. Maybe someday I will attempt building something, too.

    ReplyDelete