I ended up decoupaging fabric on it. This is something I had been wanting to try. so here goes.
This is the before. As you can see it has the flip top for the sewing maching. I did support that with a board on the bottom. Sorry no photos of that as I have already sold this piece.
I lightly sanded the top of the dresser to make sure the decoupage would grab on nicely. Then added a nice layer of decoupage.
The fabric I chose was a leopard king sized pillowcase.
I cut it to the measurements of the desk then layed it out and smoothed out all the bubbles.
Added 3 more layers of decoupage on top and voila! A new desk!
My Repurposed Life