Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sewing desk makeover

I found this sewing desk waiting by the side of the road for a trash pick up.  Great solid condition with dovetail drawers.  It sat for about a week in my garage before I decided what to do with it. 

I ended up decoupaging fabric on it. This is something I had been wanting to try. so here goes.
This is the before. As you can see it has the flip top for the sewing maching. I did support that with a board on the bottom.  Sorry no photos of that as I have already sold this piece.


I lightly sanded the top of the dresser to make sure the decoupage would grab on nicely. Then added a nice layer of decoupage.
The fabric I chose was a leopard king sized pillowcase.

I cut it to the measurements of the desk then layed it out and smoothed out all the bubbles.
Added 3 more layers of decoupage on top and voila!  A new desk!

Linked to
 My Repurposed Life

2 comments: