Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pirate maps and hooks

We have a birthday party coming up.  My 2 lovely children's birthdays are 3 days apart so I (for now) have their party together.  I have to admit even at the soon to be ages of 4 and 6 it is getting hard to think up a theme to please them both.
We settled on a pirate and mermaid theme.
For the boys, I made treasure maps and pirate hooks.
Easy to do with some felt, stuffing and a little sewing.  I had this idea in my head and looked around online to find if anyone else made something similar.  I found a few, but
The tutorial I used for these hooks can be found here
over at Every day mom ideas
Here is a photo of my fabric cut out.


Here is the finished product


The maps were simple and I used the image transfer technique that I found at Home Frosting.  Here is the tutorial
I used some scraps of painters drop cloth and here is my finished product
I like how the map has an old faded look.  I probably should have taken a close up.

Tomorrow I will share with you the girls' mermaid tails.


No comments:

Post a Comment