Monday, November 26, 2012

Making old new again

I picked up this cream rug from a garage sale for 50 cents.  Not bad, huh?
I have been looking for a small rug to place at my back door.  Rugs are so expensive so I decided to stencil it.  This is something I have been wanting to try and already had all the things on hand.  I just needed to find a stencil.  I printed of this shape on cardstock and cut it out.

You can find this stencil here- http://www.alittlebiteofeverything.com/2011/04/ikea-rug-makeover-stencil/
After I cut out the shape I placed it on the rug.  Mixed paint with a fabric medium I bought at Michaels and followed their instructions.  It was a 2 paint : 1 fabric medium ratio. I used a sponge brush so I didn't have any bristles poking in the wrong direction and putting paint where I didn't want it.

The final finished product looks like this:
After the paint dried for 48 hours I had to iron it, per package instructions.  I am very glad I tried this.  I like how it adds some interest.  Now it is your turn.  It's not that hard.  You can do it!

1 comment: