Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Headboards

Obviously, I am a fan of the DIY world.  I created a headboard for my master suite and one for my daughter.  I like the attention they draw when you walk into the room.  They also leave more space in the room than a bed with head and foot board.  I left off the pillows so you could get a good look at the headboard. 


I cut the shape out of a piece of 1/4" plywood, covered it in lots of batting, then stapled on the fabric.  In this case I didn't use a nice thick foam since I wasn't going to tuft it.  With the batting, it is comfortable to lean on while I am reading.  It is much cheaper to do it this way if you decide you don't need the foam.

For my daughters, I used a dresser mirror frame.  When I received this it didn't have the mirror. So, once again I added lots of batting then covered it in a pink velvet fabric.
You can use so many different things to make a head board.  I love the uniqueness of each one that someone makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment