Monday, November 19, 2012

Chair: drab to fab

One of my favorite things to update is chairs.  I have a chair obsession!  I admit it.  Remember this chair from the first post?
I found this at my local goodwill.  This chair was sturdy and had such great detail I could not pass it up. 
I do not have pictures of the process as I did this chair a while ago before I had the intentions of starting a blog.
I painted the arms and legs with silver paint from rustoleum.
I upholstered it in a plain black fabric and used silver nailhead trim to finish it up.
Are you ready for the reveal?
Ok, here goes

I am ashamed to admit this chair is currently in my basement.  Not the best picture with the gorgeous cement floor and brick walls.  My dream is to someday finish the basement in black and white.

Now, I want to know what you think?  Do you think the black fabric is too plain?  I have been going back and forth with painting on a stencil design or leaving it as is.  Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Love it! And if you still have it, I would forget the stencil idea, it's really cool as is.

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi, thank for all your comments! I love getting them! I am glad you like the chair as is. I still have it and it is so comfortable.

      Delete
  2. I love the chair as is! Its simple but so classy. I can't wait to catch up on all your projects.
    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support Amanda! I am glad you like the chair, and that is exactly what I thought...classy.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your support Amanda! I am glad you like the chair, and that is exactly what I thought...classy.

      Delete